While the heat of Summer is still burning things to a crisp it is already time to think about autumn and the upcoming holidays. I love fall, actually I love any change of season, but the fall season always means that the holidays are just around the corner. Tying in my passion for postcards and ephemera is so much fun. I especially love the postcards that are dedicated to celebrating our autumn holidays and their beautiful fall colors.
As I walk through my favorite stores: Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and local vintage shops I see fall decor everywhere. Which means it is time for us to be kicking off our autumn sales. Since we don't have store windows what better way to show off our fall merchandise but with several curated team treasuries but not only that I am creating a Team Treasury Challenge. Our theme is Autumn, Autumn colors, Halloween, Thanksgiving or anything to do with fall. There are a few more rules that will be listed below, but first what will our winner receive?
Well I am hoping that our members will be as excited about this giveaway as I am....
The winner will receive 1 month of free advertising on this blog, my pinterest account, google+, tweeting and Face book posting which is outlined in my page http://butterflyintheattic.blogspot.com/p/advertising-spotlight.html (a $15.00 Value) This add will be run from October 1st - 31st so that you will be able catch all those shoppers getting ready for the up coming holidays!
I will also give a second prize for a weekly feature in the Spotlight a ($5.00 Value) You pick the week in October.
These giveaways are open to anyone in the US or international and best of all the exposure you gain for your shop is priceless. This opportunity is available to you just for curating a treasury; What fun!
Please note that this is open to anyone but all must follow the same guidelines.
Now how to participate:
1) Create a Treasury (has to be new) with Autumn, Fall, Halloween or Thanksgiving as the primary theme. At least one of these will have to be in the tags.
2) Four (4) of the spots must feature postcards or items from Pacific Postcards Team member's shops (this rule applies to non-member treasuries also.)
3) Twelve (12) out of the sixteen items must be either ephemera, postcards (handmade or vintage and the medium doesn't matter just so it is a postcard,) digital art from vintage postcards, paper goods, collage using postcards/images from postcards; essentially anything related to postcards since we are a team about collecting and selling them.
4) Tag your treasury PPT and PPT Treasury Challenge. Also include Pacific Postcards Team Treasury Challenge inside the Description.
5) Only completed entries will be included in the final judging, so please check your treasury often to make sure all the spot remain filled. As items are sold they often disappear from our treasuries. I would hate to have someone not qualify just because an item sold. Simply replace the item with a similar one.
6) Judging will be based on a combination of creativity, colors, number of comments and views, and following the guidelines. I will be the judge (unless I all of the sudden get a volunteer to be a team leader and then they will help me) and I will probably drag my artist husband into the judging ring just so I have another set of eyes.
7) Last but not least the Challenge ends August 31st and the winners will be chosen and announced September 2nd. The winners along with some of the runner ups will be featured in this blog on September 2nd.
You cannot include your own item, each item must be from a different shop, must have 16 items, can't win twice, and basically all the general guidelines on how to build a treasury that Etsy has applies. AND no mature content!
As bonus I am offering an additional Weekly Spotlight feature to the person that gets the most participants to join us. Post the shop name of who you invited in the comments on the Treasury Challenge Thread at the Pacific Postcards Team site. Each shop you invite that builds a treasury will count as 1 towards winning the bonus feature.
Now to kick off the fun!
The Pacific Postcards Team is getting ready for the Halloween season With the PPT Treasury Challenge! Join the PPT team at: http://www.etsy.com/teams/9158/pacific-postcards-team
Celebrate Autumn in the forest with the With the PPT Treasury Challenge!!
| Owl (Western Screech) Signed...
| postcard - Moon Stone Art Ca...
| Faerie Road 8 x 11 inch Fant...
| Trees at Dusk & Coordinating... |
| Collector Postcard Set by An...
| Owl Button Trio
| fox light - postcard size
| Moonrise. Fine Art Photograp... |
| Mystic Forest 8 x 10 Print
| Vintage Woodland Animals Pos...
| Vintage Halloween Full Moon ...
| The Flautist (from Egnimati... |
| Vintage-Distressed Note Card...
| Postcard Main St Bradford, P...
| Watercolor Mixed Media Land...
| Rare John Winsch Halloween p... |